[Libav-user] Probing a file

Gonzalo Garramuno ggarra13 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 13 16:00:31 CET 2014

On 13/03/14 03:57, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
> Gonzalo Garramuno <ggarra13 at ...> writes:
>
>> I can open a context and see the return value. However,
>> this returns true for image formats like jpeg, png, and
>> others and I find those handled better with other libraries.
> Then remove image2 from your libavformat compilation.
I can do that easily for Linux but for Windows I'd have to set up the
whole compilation thingy instead of relying on zeranoe.
> What problems did you find with FFmpeg's jpeg or png
> implementation? Note that we are very interested in
> such reports!
>
> Carl Eugen
There's the lack of EXIF support and when used in my application, only
the first frame was loaded and the ending of the sequence was set to 1.
I was unable to read the other frames.