[Libav-user] reduce dll size

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Mon Mar 24 15:03:23 CET 2014

YIRAN LI <mrfun.china at ...> writes:

> I'm trying to build all components into one dll, because my manager
> insisted that building into a single dll may save space by avoiding
> build duplicated code into separate dlls.

How is this supposed to work?

Or, to rephrase: What are the duplicated code parts that you found
in different FFmpeg dlls and how much (in %) did they take of the
overall space?

> I think ffmpeg uses those automake tools

No.
(Do you find that the content of our configure script looks
automake-made or the output? I am curious.)

Please fix your quoting, Carl Eugen