[Libav-user] Recording an RTSP stream

Roman Fietze roman.fietze at telemotive.de
Thu Mar 27 09:57:03 CET 2014

Hello Mert,

On Thu, 27.03.2014 10:27:41 Mert Gedik wrote:

> I've successfully implement my rtsp player and now I want to save AVPackets
> WITHOUT any transcoding...

I'm doing something like that. I stream media from up to four
AXIS-Cameras using RTSP and libav 2.1.4 w/o decoding the
frames/packets, just looking at their flags, and cut them into pieces
every let's say 60 seconds, so the resulting files don't get too
large.

> I don't want to change any property or any setting in the stream

I'm not sure if you will get away that easiliy. I had to rescale
DTS/PTS and durtion in order to be able to play those clips.

But the image and audio data is absolutley untouched.

If you want me to post some (the relevant parts) of my work, just let
me know. I've written a very small test program to test the code bevor
trying to get it work in our "big" SW. Probably that can help you a
little bit.

Roman

--
Roman Fietze              Telemotive AG Buero Muehlhausen
Breitwiesen                             73347 Muehlhausen