[Libav-user] h264 illegal short term buffer state detected

Gonzalo Garramuno ggarra13 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 27 18:01:40 CET 2014

On 27/03/14 11:55, wm4 wrote:
> If by flushing the caches you mean dropping packet data and/or
> flushing the decoder just for pausing, you can't do that.
I drop the packets and flush the decoder.
> Either you don't drop/flush anything, or you have to issue a seek to
> resume playback properly.
I do exactly the second option.  I issue a seek before playback.  I
found that ensures a better audio/video sync.  Yet I get the error.

The ffmpeg error appears but visually I see no change ( the video is
normal ).  It seems the error should be a warning instead.