[Libav-user] av_frame_get_best_effort_timestamp(): PTS or DTS?

Dídac Pérez perez.didac at gmail.com
Fri Mar 28 22:03:56 CET 2014

I can only answer by my short experience... in my case I decode frames from
an IP camera, H.264. As I have realized, av_frame_get_best_effort_timestamp()
always returns me the packet pts minus 1/fps, so I "guess" that this
function works with pts instead of dts and, in my case, that differente is
because of the bidirectional frame prediction of the H.264.

Cheers,

--
Dídac Pérez