[Libav-user] Saving frame to file

Jorge Lúcio jlucio88 at gmail.com
Sat May 3 22:21:28 CEST 2014

I'm writing a filter to extract a list of frames from a video and I'm
having trouble saving the frame data to a image file. Is there a function
that already does this? It would be something like:

save_frame_to_file(AVFrame frame, char* filename)

The output could be BMP or PNG. I've tried to write my own function, but so
far the best I could do was to write a black and white version of the
frame. It's hard to figure out how the image data is stored on the "data"
field inside the AVFrame.