[Libav-user] empty buffer before av_read_frame

Solmaz Ghaznavi sghaznavi at evertz.com
Tue May 6 16:19:39 CEST 2014

I am trying to scan video frames (h264) by calling av_read_frame
repetitively to get to a specific I frame and decode from there without
decoding previous frames (I don't want to decode frames that I don't
care about). But I think av_read_frame buffers the compressed video
frames until they are decoded. Is there a way to empty the buffer before
av_read_frame?

By the way, I don't want to use any API related to seeking with
timestamps.

Appreciate any responses.