[Libav-user] Changing Pro Res encoder profile

Info || Non-Lethal Applications info at non-lethal-applications.com
Fri May 23 17:41:32 CEST 2014

On 23 May 2014, at 17:08, Info || Non-Lethal Applications <info at non-lethal-applications.com> wrote:

> On 23 May 2014, at 17:06, Carl Eugen Hoyos <cehoyos at ag.or.at> wrote:
>
>> Info || Non-Lethal Applications <info at ...> writes:
>>
>>> I’m writing a ProRes encoder
>>
>> As in "two are not enough" or do I misunderstand?
>>
>>>    av_dict_set(&kvDict, "profile", "lt", 0);
>>
>> Did you try "apcs" instead of "lt”?
>
> “apcs” also doesn’t work … but “0”, “1”, “2” and “3” does.
> That’s kinda weird especially when looking at the options struct.
>
> But ok, works for me …
>
> Thanks!
>
> Flo

I realized that the Pro Res encoder that’s used by default by ffmpeg is from proresenc_anatoliy.c.
However, this variant of the encoder does not support the 4444 profile.

The other Pro Res decoder proresenc_kostya.c does also support 4444.

Is there an easy way to configure FFMPEG to use the other encoder or does this require other changes?

Thanks,

Flo