[Libav-user] Reading exif data from jpeg programmatically

Don Moir donmoir at comcast.net
Tue Oct 21 19:14:48 CEST 2014

Last I checked which was quite awhile ago, the EXIF was only available in a successfully decoded frame and the frames metadata.

I mentioned this also long ago and while it does possibly make sense for multi-frame files, it does not make much sense for a single frame jpeg file.

I don't know if this is still the case because I don't use ffmpeg for single frame jpegs still. It may have improved but don't know.