[Libav-user] Packet containing different content than expected when using DV container

Info || Non-Lethal Applications info at non-lethal-applications.com
Wed Oct 22 18:24:33 CEST 2014

Hi Nicolas,

>> The only thing I have left is the pkt_pts and pkt_dts which are both wrong.
>
> pkt_pts should be what you are looking for if the container is correct;
> pkt_dts may be a second choice. There is
> av_frame_get_best_effort_timestamp() to try both with some consistency
> heuristics.
>
> If pkt_pts and pkt_dts are wrong in your case, that probably indicates a bug
> somewhere else in the application.

I am pretty sure that this is not the case.
I stored the decoded AVFrame as an image to be absolutely sure and the error could be observed as well.
Meaning that the decoded frame (equals exported image) does not correspond to the pkt_pts it should be.

It also performs well for the QT container format.
I exported the same test video from Final Cut as a 25 fps DV to the DV container and the MOV container.
The QuickTime container works like a charm, the DV container doesn’t.

Best,

Flo