[Libav-user] Why is HTTP streaming so slow?

Jabotical james.nickerson at vistasystems.net
Thu Oct 30 22:07:17 CET 2014

I don't suppose you ever discovered anything further?
I tried increasing the socket receive buffer in ff_listen_connect(), but all
that did was make it considerably worse, in my case.

I recognize this thread was last active a couple years ago, but were the
videos in question perhaps Quicktime? That's where I seem to be experiencing
the issue.

Also, was it the x64 version of the library? I noticed that XBMC streams
HTTP videos noticeably quicker on at least some videos that have this
problem, and the only difference I could find so far is that it's a 32-bit
app using a 32-bit version of ffmpeg. From the XBMC source, I don't seem to
be doing anything differently.