[Libav-user] SMPTE 336m

Peter Ross pross at xvid.org
Tue Sep 9 14:53:10 CEST 2014

On Sun, Sep 07, 2014 at 09:06:36AM +0300, Ran Shalit wrote:

> > Adding user metadata to MXF is not currently supported.
> >
> > KLV processing is _internal_ to mxfenc.c and mxfdec.c.
> >

> Hi Peter,
>
> What is the internal metadata that MXF process ? Is there some way to
> modify it to use user metadata instead?

The MXF _file format_ is essentially a series of KLV packets.
Yes it is possible to add additional KLV packets. You would need to modify libavformat/mxf*.
However I am unware of any systems capable of processing such files.

> Is KLV from user supported in any other formats (mpeg-ts) ?

Yes FFmpeg mpegts muxer and demuxer supports this.

Also samples here: http://samples.ffmpeg.org/MPEG2/mpegts-klv/

> Are you familiar with other methods or libraries that support KLV from user ?

No.

-- Peter
(A907 E02F A6E5 0CD2 34CD 20D2 6760 79C5 AC40 DD6B)