[Libav-user] Mux raw video data directly into mp4 files

fernando.takeshi fernando.takeshi at seventh.com.br
Thu Sep 18 01:30:50 CEST 2014

Hello,

I've been searching for ways to create .mp4 files directly from saved raw
video data, without decoding / encoding. The sources of said data can record
frames in the h264, m4v and mjpeg formats; I end up with files that are
basically raw frames of these formats, one after the other.

Now, I've tested the command line approach (that I cannot use,
unfortunately) and it seems to work. I need to do this programmatically,
however, so I've followed (and tweaked around) ffmpeg's muxing example and
many others I found online (stackoverflow, etc) and can't seem to find any
consistency in how to (or what would be the correct way to) accomplish this.

Right now, I do not have any sample code working, unfortunately.

So, what I ask is basically: given a file consisting of raw frames (h264,
m4v or mjpeg), how do I go about creating a playable video mp4 file? What
would be the correct way? Specifically speaking, which functions should I be
calling and in what order as to make the code work for those three formats?

Some sample data can be found at
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8XSlN4yAH72T1R0Ti1zaGViNmM/edit?usp=sharing

Thanks in advance!