[Libav-user] av_register_all() fails

Phil Freeman skylinedriver at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 6 06:23:25 CEST 2015

Hi folks,

I'm trying to add ffmpeg to a piece of software in development for use in a well-known animation package. It's being developed in c++ with VS2010 Express, using the zeranoe dev package. The project builds, no errors are reported.

However, the program fails with an access violation when I try to run anything to do with the ffmpeg library - such as calling av_register_all(). I've got the libraries linked, the headers are inside extern "C", and I've played around with the linker optimisation reference (including building the associated libraries) to no avail. Is there something else that might be causing this?

While I think of it too, is there a namespace we're meant to use with ffmpeg? Other libraries I've used have a namespace, but ffmpeg doesn't seem to have one?

WP