[Libav-user] About ffmpeg video setpts filter

jingwei_5107 jingwei_5107 at qq.com
Sat Apr 18 07:03:41 CEST 2015

Hi ffmpeg guru,

I'm writing a media player based on ffmpeg. And I want to play the video with 2x, 4x, 8x speed, how can I do         to implement it programmatically. I set the video stream filter like "setpts=0.5*PTS" in the code, but it didn't seem to work while the audio stream with filter string "atempo=2.0,atempo=2.0" worked well.

The video filter "setpts=0.5*PTS" cannot complete it by itself or should I have to manually judge and drop frames?

My player's code is almost the same as ffplay.c.

Any help is very appreciated. Example code will be better.