[Libav-user] AMV format

YIRAN LI mrfun.china at gmail.com
Wed Aug 12 13:03:00 CEST 2015

​Thanks Carl,

I don't have ffmpeg environment right now so I can't tell you the result,
but as far as I remember, ​ffmpeg -i source.mp4 -vcodec amv out.avi works.
So -avi out.amv will generate a standard avi file or amv file? If it's an
avi file, do you know if it can be played in those hardwares for which amv
are targeted?

The other thing is, as far as I remember, ffmpeg only has adpcm_ima_amv
decoder but no encoder, is that correct?

Thanks