[Libav-user] about ffmpeg source code and api version

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Fri Aug 21 10:59:11 CEST 2015

qw <applemax82 at ...> writes:

> I downloaded ffmpeg source code long time ago.

I may misunderstand but please note that old
source code is generally not supported here.

> And I find there are various versions of
> ffmpeg api and related documentation.

What do you mean with "ffmpeg api"? FFmpeg
contains different libraries with different
apis (and different versions of apis).

> How to know api version of my downloaded
> source code?

Either you compile and run "./ffmpeg" or you
look into the various version files in the
library subdirectories.

Maybe if you elaborate on your actual issue,
people can help you.

> Below information maybe helpful:

> Date:   Wed May 27 22:37:05 2015 +0200

Please understand that this is old / outdated.

Carl Eugen