[Libav-user] how to Write the compressed frame to the media file ?

haroon qureshi qureshi497 at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 4 11:26:19 CET 2015

 Hi,

   I am using ffmpeg libararies to create an AVI file as mentioned in the post (Make AVI file from H264 compressed data), this guy had the same problem as i currently have (i-e getting error value -22.Please anyone can explain me what's the meaning of this error code "-22" that i get from "av_interleaved_write_frame" ?
he suggested that "By setting pts and dts with AV_NOPTS_VALUE I've solved the problem." please share any example how to set pts value with AV_NOPTS_VALUE ? and what should be the value of pts any rought estimate ?
I found that this error "-22" is coming from "error.h" from the function #define FFERRTAG(a, b, c, d) (-(int)MKTAG(a, b, c, d)) but there are no details what MKTAG function does. I shall be very thankful if some one can also explain what MKTAG does ? and what error code "-22"  means ?
Thanks in advance,Qureshi