[Libav-user] Manually set up demuxer

Anthony Clark clark.anthony.g at gmail.com
Sat Jan 17 00:13:17 CET 2015

Hey all,

First off, I'm using FFMPEG 2.5 built from source with all features enabled.

I have a stream of MPEGTS data. I know the properties of stream and I don't
really need to use `avformat_find_stream_info( )`. I've noticed this
function fails sometimes with `-1` with certain sources and I can't seem to
find why. I've messed with most input options and I can get it to fail
repeatedly with my custom stream ; most time's it's ok.

What is the best way to manually set up an MPEGTS demuxer? I know all of
the stream properties, etc. I do not need to associate any decoders ; just
a demuxer.

Workflow intended:
1: open input via avformat_open_input(&options)
2: set up stream mapping manually
3: av_read_frame( )
4: switch on type and decode myself.

Thanks!