[Libav-user] Would anyone find an OS X / Cocoa / Swift wrapper for Libav useful?

David T. juiyout at gmail.com
Fri Jan 23 05:10:52 CET 2015

>>My purpose here is to poll the list members to ask if anyone would find any value at all if someone created an OS X / Cocoa / Swift (and possibly iOS) wrapper for Libav?

Hi! Brad,

My company use FFmpeg on OS X. We normally just compile it for darwin and call the functions from Objective-C syntax. I'm sure that you have done all this before.

So far we have delivered several projects on iOS. But we have not found any deficiency (which you didn't describe)  on using FFmpeg on OS X. Perhaps you could tell us exactly what you expect a new API should do compared to current conventions, what would a new API solve?