[Libav-user] Would anyone find an OS X / Cocoa / Swift wrapper for Libav useful?

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Fri Jan 23 20:57:02 CET 2015

Bradley O'Hearne <brado at ...> writes:

> My purpose here isn’t to recite a laundry list
> of problems encountered, or debate design
> issues, or poke holes in FFmpeg in general.

But this is what this mailing list is here for.
Or to say it differently: It is the only thing
we - the FFmpeg developers - expect from you.

> What I believe would be more universally
> agreeable (and safer turf for discussion, which
> is my desire) is the fact that FFmpeg is very
> scantily documented

So what you suggest - iiuc - is that instead of
improving the documentation of current FFmpeg you
want to invest your time in developing another
wrapper for FFmpeg?

> More to the specific case of OS X and iOS —
> those developing on those platforms will
> likely be using one or more of the following
> frameworks: QTKit, AVFoundation, AudioToolbox,
> VideoToolbox.

I am sorry if I misunderstand this:
You do realize that three of these
frameworks are supported by FFmpeg?
And that patches improving this support are
(of course) welcome!

Carl Eugen