[Libav-user] Would anyone find an OS X / Cocoa / Swift wrapper for Libav useful?

Bradley O'Hearne brado at bighillsoftware.com
Mon Jan 26 06:10:24 CET 2015

> On Jan 25, 2015, at 7:04 AM, Don Moir <donmoir at comcast.net> wrote:
>
> I front end ffmpeg with my own API. This API does time accurate seeking and a lot of work to do. The API does more than wrap ffmpeg though. It attempts to address problems with ffmpeg and also deals with display output, audio analysis, audio devices, device enumeration, special effects, scaling and more. You might say well ffmpeg can do this, but not really in the way I need it.
>
> For me it had to be that it all worked in the best possible way correcting any potential problem and had to be available to others that had no notion of ffmpeg.
>
> Personally I am happy to do my own API for this and can easily customize it to meet current or future needs. ffmpeg just serves as the low level decoder for audio and video and that is fine with me and ffmpeg is only part of the internal libraries and capabilites.

Don — Thanks for your response…you’ve stated well great reasons for a higher-level abstraction, which is exactly along the lines of what I was thinking.

All — thanks to everyone who replied, regardless of the expressed sentiment or position on the matter. All feedback was helpful, and helped me reach a conclusion of where and for whom my efforts and ideas would be best contributed.

Cheers,

Brad