[Libav-user] Would anyone find an OS X / Cocoa / Swift wrapper for Libav useful?

Bradley O'Hearne brado at bighillsoftware.com
Wed Jan 28 16:37:33 CET 2015

On Jan 28, 2015, at 3:57 AM, wm4 <nfxjfg at googlemail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 27 Jan 2015 16:57:21 -0700
> Brad O'Hearne <brado at bighillsoftware.com> wrote:
>
>> No fear...I won't be. If I move forward, I'll author a completely new API, not built on FFmpeg. Your turf remains unthreatened.
>
> For someone who complains about being antagonized, you sure antagonize
> a lot.

You’re words, not mine. From you in this thread:

> "Yes, I see such vendor-specific things as a "threat”.”

> I know I tend to be rude and rough, but holy shit you're one special
> individual.

More rudeness, once again for the purpose of personal insult. You just can’t quit, you can’t avoid taking a personal swipe. We are who we choose to be.

I think it is time to kill this thread…it left the realm of being productive a good while ago, and at this point it is distracting from the continued pursuit of maintaining the status quo, and scolding newcomers for top-posting.

I’ve got no ill-will for either you nor Carl. I wish you both the best in your pursuits, both on this project and elsewhere. I just find unfortunate the opposition to contribution that doesn’t align exactly with your needs or views, and I find even more unfortunate the continued propensity to turn the turrets on people personally when they’ve got the moxie to tell it like it is, for the sake of acknowledging the reality and attempting to better it. Nearly everything great that has ever been accomplished in any field has had to overcome this same resistance. I hope the FFmpeg project and mailing list at some point does too.

I’m out.

Brad