[Libav-user] Adding AMR frames to audio stream of video file

adev dev androiddevmar11 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 1 10:40:01 CEST 2015

I am compressing movies from bitmaps and audio files. With AAC files it is
working correctly. But when I have AMR_WB files sound is corrupted. I can
recognise correct words in video file but it is delayed and with very bad
quality.

My AMR files are recorded with parameters:
- sampling rate: 16000,
- bitrate: 23000.

I am setting this parameters in audio stream which is added to video.
Sample format is set to AV_SAMPLE_FMT_FLT. When using other formats app
crashes with "Unsupported sample format".

What needs to be done to correctly add AMR stream to video file? Do I have
to reencode it to AAC and add as AAC audio stream?? Thank you for all hints.