[Libav-user] MJPEG quantization tables

Michael Toon michael.toon at digitalbarriers.com
Wed Jul 15 11:09:30 CEST 2015

Hello,

I am using the encoder libs to encode MJPEG video which I am packaging up to send via RTP.  The encoded bit stream that I generate only appears to have a single quantization table defined, however the RTP payload format specifies that if using custom quantization tables there should be two separate quantization tables for luma and chroma. Having separate tables seems to make sense to try and gain most encoding efficiency, especially since I need to transmit two tables regardless. Is there a reason why the MJPEG codec only generates a single table, is there an option that I can to use separate tables?

Cheers,

Mike

Digital Barriers e-Mail Confidentiality and Disclaimer

This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual named. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. The sender therefore does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message, which arise as a result of e-mail transmission. The recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The company accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.

Digital Barriers plc is a company registered in England and Wales. Registered number: 7149547. Registered office: Cargo Works, 1-2 Hatfields, London SE1 9PG, United Kingdom. For further information about Digital Barriers, please visit www.digitalbarriers.com<http://www.digitalbarriers.com/>.