[Libav-user] How to determine library capabilities per version

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Fri Jul 17 00:06:42 CEST 2015

Alan Petrus <dartagnan64b at ...> writes:

> Given an FFmpeg version, (preferably older version
> 0.11.1), how can I determine the follow that is
> supported by libav:

Please remember that generally, only current FFmpeg
is supported here, and that 0.11 is unsupported for
a very long time.

> 1. Max H264 decoding (and encoding) level supported.

FFmpeg does not support h264 encoding, please
understand that the "level" has no relevance for
software decoding, all levels were supported for
as long as the decoder exists.

[...]

> 3. If H265 decoding (and encoding) is supported

FFmpeg does not support h265 encoding, decoding is
supported since October 2013 (version 2.1).

> I am willing to look at source code to find this
> info (if pointed out).

Look at the history of the Changelog and
doc/APIchanges.

Carl Eugen