[Libav-user] avcodec_open2 returns -22

Kevin J. Brooks kbrooks at r2c-ss.com
Wed Jun 17 23:30:33 CEST 2015

I am setting the AudioCodec to MP3,  I am using the pre-built libraries
the code I have the causes the issue is from the code for the QtMEL
library.  What I am posting here is the Audio Codec setup for the QtMel
object.  I hope it helps.

BTW I am using H264 for the Video Codec.  If I record video only, it
does work, it is only if I try to add sound that it fails.

CR2CAudioFormat format;

     format.setChannelCount(2);

     format.setSampleRate(44100);

     format.setFormat(CR2CAudioFormat::SignedInt16);

I really don't have a preference for the codec, I just need to know how
to set it up properly. I am totally new at recording video and audio.