[Libav-user] Transcoding with H264

Talgorn François-Xavier fxtalgorn at yahoo.fr
Thu Jun 18 11:43:33 CEST 2015

Thank you for this information that I'll keep in mind.

However the issue was in the way I set the pts and dts of frames:
av_rescale_q_rnd(orig_pkt.pts, in_stream->time_base, out_stream->time_base, AV_ROUND_NEAR_INF|AV_ROUND_PASS_MINMAX);

Using the av_packet_rescale_ts() function instead solved the problem but I don't understand why it works better than the previous way of managing timestamps.

I still have some issues with some of input videos (all video frames plays in a snap, sound is OK).
I assume it is because of the way timestamps (or no timestampsat all) are set in the original vid.

Thank you again,

François-Xavier Talgorn.