[Libav-user] picamera h264 Discarding initial frame(s) with no timestamp.

chris brisendine ki4gyw at gmail.com
Tue Jun 30 02:53:36 CEST 2015

I am having trouble on my little project the reason on the FIFO is I
want to record full time on the highres.h264 locally but if I want to
stream on demand I would like to use the lowres.h264 which is the FIFO
to ustream via FLV rtmp and the scripts are launched via PHP. I have
had 0 success I don't really care about more than 2 frames a second
streaming and my upload maxes out about 300kbps. I have tried
different solutions like avconv and get errors like
"Failed to update header with correct duration.e=0.40 bitrate=1884.7kbits/s
[flv @ 0x59b8e0] Failed to update header with correct filesize.
" "Discarding initial frame(s) with no timestamp.=10000000000.00
bitrate= 0.0kbits/s
[fps @ 0x1c3a500] Discarding initial frame(s) with no timestamp.
  Last message repeated 3 times
Discarding initial frame(s) with no timestamp.=10000000000.00 bitrate=
  0.0kbits/s
[fps @ 0x1d1b9e0] Discarding initial frame(s) with no timestamp. There
is no audio just raw h264
the picamera code is
"

If anyone could please help It would be really appreciated!
issued command when I want to stream
avconv -async -1 -i foo.h264 -r 30 -bt 256k -f flv rtmp://serverhere

picamera code:
import picamera

with picamera.PiCamera() as camera:
    camera.resolution = (640, 480)