[Libav-user] About G722 audio codec
ngocello at gmail.com
Fri Mar 6 20:26:43 CET 2015
Hello list members,
I'm performing some research with several codecs, including G.722, and I'm
using the implementation found in libav.
For my tests I encoded some cd quality wav files (44.1kHz, 16 bits) using
this codec and then I decoded them to obtain a new wav file. Later when I
ran other tests I got some weird results. So I went to check the decoded
files and when I played them I found out what was wrong: their sampling
frequency. They were stored as having a sampling frequency of 16kHz, but in
fact their sampling frequency is 44.1kz as the original files. Also, the
bit-rate used to encode was wrong and did not comply with the G.722
I don't know if this should be the expected behavior of the codec, but it
would be helpful if avconv gave a warning when this is going to happen.
Thank you very much for your attention.
Nicanor García O.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Libav-user