[Libav-user] ld: warning: PIE disabled.

Tim1961 trodgers at mac.com
Sun Mar 29 17:45:45 CEST 2015

Can anyone shed light on this warning?

/ld: warning: PIE disabled. Absolute addressing (perhaps -mdynamic-no-pic)
not allowed in code signed PIE, but used in _ff_h264_decode_mb_cabac from
libavcodec.a(h264_cabac.o). To fix this warning, don't compile with
-mdynamic-no-pic or link with -Wl,-no_pie/

I'm building universal libs to support arm7, arm64, i386 and x86_64
(ordinary iOS development) and I *think* this is coming from one of the x86
targets. The details: Mac OS X 10.10, Xcode 6.2, Ffmpeg 2.6.1 (as well as
2.5.x). I have the latest versions of gas-preprocessor.pl, as well as yasm
1.3 from MacPorts. My config flags definitely include --enable-pic, and I'm
definitely not using -mdynamic-no-pic or -no_pie.

Google is turning up nothing but I can't be the only one experiencing
this... right?

Many thanks,
Tim