[Libav-user] FFmpeg video overlay with position from an input file

Sethuraman V techmail.sethu at gmail.com
Thu May 28 21:32:27 CEST 2015

Hi All,

How to use FFmpeg video overlay function to add image logo to a MP4 video
where overlay positions shall taken from an external input.

Following is the command I am using to apply a logo to a video file

ffmpeg -i input.mp4 -i image.png -filter_complex \
       "[0:v][1:v] overlay=25:25:enable='between(t,0,20)'" -c:a copy
output.mp4

Say when the input is 1 the logo need to be placed on top left corner etc. Does
the overlay position can be changed on the fly based on input from the file?

Say for input file content given below

cat input.txt
1
2
3
4

I need to move the logo to other positions after the 20 sec duration is
elapsed.

Is this is supported in FFmpeg command line or libavformat? Used FFmpeg
version is 2.6.2

Thanks,
SetV