[Libav-user] Decoding H.264

Ryan Bauer r.bauer234 at gmail.com
Sun May 31 20:20:05 CEST 2015

I am currently sending individual NAL units across a network. These NAL
units are generated by x264. Now is it possible to feed these NAL units
individually into avcodec_decode_video2?

Or do I have to concatenate the nal units until they represent the same
frame? If thats the case then how is that done?

I have also read that I might be able to receive the SPS and PPS packets.
Then wait for at least one packet, and attempt to decode. Is this correct?

Any advice that can be offered would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Ryan