[Libav-user] Internal buffersize

Ruurd Adema ruurdadema at me.com
Wed Oct 7 20:59:16 CEST 2015

> On 02 Oct 2015, at 22:05, Ruurd Adema <ruurdadema at me.com> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> After sending packets to the muxer (using av_interleaved_write_frame()) FFmpeg stores the packets into an internal buffer.
>
> Is there a way to get the amount of packets or bytes currently stored in the buffer?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ruurd

Anyone with a hint?

The need behind this question is this:

I’m using the FFmpeg library to write live video to a server using RTMP (in a flv container).

When the network connection (internet) is not fast enough to process all the data in time, the internal buffer will fill up. I want to know when this is happening to let the encoder adjust.

Is there a way to achieve this?

Thanks,

Ruurd