[Libav-user] libavformat RTP management

William MANCON wmancon at gmail.com
Fri Oct 23 14:16:55 CEST 2015

Hi !
I tried recently to encode into VP8 using libav. I used the "rtp" format
for the fmtctx. Just after the call to avcodec_encode_video I tried to
reach for the RTP VP8 payload descriptor and I never found the correct
header in the output of the encoding function.

Is this header (VP8 Payload descriptor, S bit, X bit, key frame marker,
PictId ...) outputted by the libavformat when I call av_write_frame ? Or is
there a way to get it outputted by the encoder ?

Thanks a lot,
William.