[Libav-user] how can i use cisco openh264 encoder in ffmpeg

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Fri Oct 23 14:32:00 CEST 2015

Amir Hossein Rouhi <amir.rouhi at ...> writes:

> I have just an ffmpeg.exe under windows

Then you are wrong here, this mailing list is
for users of the FFmpeg libraries (as opposed to
the ffmpeg command line tool).

> i did not compile ffmpeg.

Since FFmpeg (the project) only provides source
code (no binaries), you can - to some degree -
only get support regarding the source code.
Ie, on the user mailing list, we can help you
compile FFmpeg.
Please remember that the Cisco encoder is not the
best h264 encoder available.

> The exe file can recognise the openh264 library?

I guess not.

Please do not top-post here, it is considered rude.

Carl Eugen