[Libav-user] avcodec_encode_video2 usage question

Arthur Muller muller at vki.com
Tue Sep 1 21:44:36 CEST 2015

Hello,

I'm new to FFMPEG. I starting from the muxing.c example and modified it to
generate a mp4 video - with no audio - of an animation.

I'm encoding 29 frames, all sized 320x200 pixels. I even have a yuv file for
all frames.

When I play the file I notice that not all frames get displayed, and I
suspect the problem is coming about from avcodec_encode_video2; the last
argument - got_packet - often comes back as zero. As a result, that
particular frame is not written.

Is there anything in particular I need to do to make sure that all frames
are properly displayed?

Thanks.

Arthur Muller
Visual Kinematics, Inc.