[Libav-user] DXVA / multiple stream performance

Heiner Mueller ffmpeg at mxwendler.net
Mon Sep 28 15:53:52 CEST 2015

Hi,

is there any information available regarding the
decoding performance of various DXVA accelerators,
especially when decoding multiple streams in parallel?

With Intel (HD5500) we see 4+ 4K30 and 30+ FHD
streams running in parallel, AMD/ATI from R7 to
W8100 does not support 4K and is more or less unusable
with more than 2 streams(?). Has anyone any experience
with DXVA performance?

Also, is it possible to choose the actual decoding
device? I mean let the Intel do the decoding even if
an AMD GPU is installed?

Best regards,
Heiner