[Libav-user] how can i use cisco openh264 encoder in ffmpeg

Josef Vosyka pepavo at gmail.com
Fri Apr 15 09:20:34 CEST 2016

> Is this everything that configure prints or is there
> anything else written on the console?

This is the complete output:

building arm64...
ERROR: openh264 not found using pkg-config
If you think configure made a mistake, make sure you are using the latest
version from Git.  If the latest version fails, report the problem to the
ffmpeg-user at ffmpeg.org mailing list or IRC #ffmpeg on irc.freenode.net.
Include the log file "config.log" produced by configure as this will help
solve the problem.

Do you have a recommended way how to compile ffmpeg with openh264 for
iOS/Android?

> Please set your mailer to text-only, thank you, Carl Eugen
Sorry about that. I use gmail and the only option I've found is to turn the
message content in plain text. The message format is however still rich :-(

Thanks,
--Josef