[Libav-user] OpenCV and FFMPEG Interface for Zynq board

Neha Makhija Neha.Makhija at open-silicon.com
Fri Apr 15 15:32:28 CEST 2016

Hello All

I am trying to build an application for the arm board on OpenCV.
I could successfully cross compile and install the FFMPEG for the arm board.  Now when I am cross-compiling OpenCV, it gives me the error that "ffmpeg/videio.h" missing.
Further debugging this problem I found that ffmpeg changed the format to lib* name and OpenCV had put a Flag check (HAVE_GENTOO_FORMAT or HAVE_FFMPEG_FORMAT) for it. After googling about it, I understood that the flag is by default passed by FFMPEG code to the OpenCV. Here I am unable to understand how it happens?

Commands I have tried for FFMPEG compilation
$ ./configure --enable-shared --disable-static --cross-prefix=arm-xilinx-linux-gnueabi- --arch=armv7l --target-os=linux --prefix=<local path>
$ make
$ make install

Set the LD_LIBRARY_PATH, C_INCLUDE_PATH and CPLUS_INCLUDE_PATH flag with the local path

Commands for the OpenCV

$ cmake -D CMAKE_TOOLCHAIN_FILE=toolchain.make -D BUILD_opencv_nonfree=OFF <path to opencv source directory>
$ make
<This gives error of the missing include files>

Can someone please suggest.

Thanks!