[Libav-user] ffmpeg->live555 and interleaved

Vaidotas Pečkys vaidotas at experimental-foundation.com
Wed Aug 17 16:19:39 EEST 2016

hello,

need help, problem seems quite common, but google doesn't help a lot,
because usecases seems different in found examples.
I'm writing rtsp server application on windows. Simple workflow looks
like as follows: ffmpeg encodes rgb frames and pass encoded data to
live555 for streaming. The problem is "connecting" ffmpeg and live555.
"Connection" is implemented in c++ using libav API from ffmpeg side
and inheriting FramedSource from live555 side.
I know examples https://www.imc-store.com.au/Articles.asp?ID=27 or
improved versions of imc-store, but it has one essential shortcoming:
frames to live555 are passed without interleaving and it causes hug
packet loss on client side(vlc for example).
Task of interleaving does function av_interleaved_write_frame, but it
writes content to file, while I need acces to binary data for passing
to live555. On windows, different than on linux data interchange
through file is not a best solution.

Could you share some insights or simple tricks how to implement
passing ffmpeg encoded and interleaved frames to live555? Tanks for
any help.

Best Regards,
Vaidotas