[Libav-user] Seeking MPEG-DASH video using Custom I/O

Sida Li lisida46 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 12 21:19:59 EET 2016

Hi everyone,

I've been trying to stream MPEG-DASH videos using libdash and decode using
ffmpeg.
I got the sample player from libdash
<https://github.com/bitmovin/libdash/tree/master/libdash/qtsampleplayer>
working. It can do playback but not seeking.

The sample uses a custom AVIOContext allocated by avio_alloc_context
<https://www.ffmpeg.org/doxygen/trunk/avio_8h.html#a853f5149136a27ffba3207d8520172a5>,
which takes in function pointers to custom read_packet and seek functions.
The read_packet function
<https://github.com/bitmovin/libdash/blob/2aff091c1947e3dc6ade84bb1b03b8414ee4e442/libdash/qtsampleplayer/Decoder/LibavDecoder.cpp#L19>
has been implemented but not the seek function.
I couldn't find any documentation regarding the seek function used by
AVIOContext other than the function signature.
So I was wondering if there is documentation or sample code such as
avio_reading.c
<https://www.ffmpeg.org/doxygen/trunk/avio_reading_8c-example.html#a20>
indicating
how the custom seek function should be implemented?

Thank you so much for your time.

Best,
Sida Li