[Libav-user] Upgrade guide?

Lou lou at lrcd.com
Sun Dec 18 04:15:39 EET 2016

On Sun, Dec 11, 2016, at 03:10 AM, Helmut Jarausch wrote:
> Hi,
> on my Gentoo system there are some packages which don't compile any
> more after upgrading from  ffmpeg-2.8.10 to ffmpeg-3.2.2
> Is there any guide for upgrading those applications?

When the major number of a release changes (such as from 2.8 to 3.2) it
involves backward incompatible changes, so it can be expected that
applications that use FFmpeg may not compile if they have not made
appropriate changes to their code. You should refer to the help
resources of the downstream applications. We can't support third-party
tools here.

See "Versioning and compatibility" for more details:
https://www.ffmpeg.org/doxygen/trunk/