[Libav-user] custom av_log callback receiving incorrect format specifiers from h264 module

Blake Senftner bsenftner at earthlink.net
Tue Dec 20 03:03:16 EET 2016

> On Dec 19, 2016, at 3:56 PM, Carl Eugen Hoyos <ceffmpeg at gmail.com> wrote:

>> So, to this day, there is no self contained Visual Studio project, not requiring
>> MSYS2 or YASM, one can assemble or download that compiles and builds
>> ffmpeg? I am asking here because the large volume of older ffmpeg news
>> makes finding such information very time consuming, if not fruitless.
>
> Fortunately, there is no need to search for older documentation,
> as there is an up-to-date one:
> http://ffmpeg.org/platform.html#toc-Microsoft-Visual-C_002b_002b-or-Intel-C_002b_002b-Compiler-for-Windows

Thank you for this. I believe this is what I tried earlier, but it may have updated without my noticing.

> The guide you linked uses strange / wrong configure options, so I cannot
> really recommend it.

Thanks. Being unfamiliar, it is hard to identify good guides.

> As said, the relevant question to fix the issue you reported is:
> Does mingw support the I (capitel I) format specifier?

It looks like there is a “__USE_MINGW_ANSI_STDIO” #define that enables ansi format specifiers.

I do not normally use mingw, but the below links appear to be relevant. You may have seen them before, as you appear to have dealt with this issue in another form earlier.

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/56C696EC.4000305@anastigmatix.net

These 2 are linked in the above, but in case that link goes dead:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6299083/cross-platform-printing-of-64-bit-integers-with-printf
https://sourceforge.net/p/mingw-w64/wiki2/gnu%20printf/

Sincerely,
-Blake Senftner