[Libav-user] MP4 concatenation with MP42 major_brand

black copper blackcopper1 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 20 13:00:11 EET 2016

Le decadi 30 frimaire, an CCXXV, black copper a écrit :
> I have MP4 source videos, that contain:
>
> video: H264
> audio: G.711 (mulaw)
>
> I want to use concatenation on source videos to get one MP4 file.
>
> I used concat filter by first creating a list: mylist.txt file as follows:
>
> file 'v1.mp4'
> file 'v2.mp4'
> file 'v3.mp4'
>
> then envoked ffmpeg command like this:
>
> ffmpeg -f concat -i mylist.txt -c copy op.mp4 -y
>
> This worked only with files that are mp41 compatible.
>
> With mp42 files that I mentioned above, I get this error:
>
> [mp4 @ 0x24ca780] Could not find tag for codec pcm_mulaw in stream #1,
> codec not currently supported in container
> Could not write header for output file #0 (incorrect codec parameters ?):
> Invalid argument

This message is about output, not input. Please test remuxing a single
file, without concat, using the first file in each sequence:

ffmpeg -i input.mp4 -c copy output.mp4

>> yes, its giving the same error...

If, as I suspect, it fails the same way, your problem is exactly what is
written in the second line of the error message.

Also, note that you posted on the wrong mailing-list. Adding ffmpeg-user
as recipient, please reply only there.