[Libav-user] Diagonal watermark text to a video

Ramanathan Annamalai ramanathan.jeevana at gmail.com
Mon Feb 8 07:54:13 CET 2016

Hi ,

What is the best way to add a diagonal text to a video using ffmpeg ?
With the following command i am able to add a horizontal text to the video.

ffmpeg -re -i ./input.mp4 -vf
"drawtext="fontsize=15:fontfile=FreeSerif.ttf:text="WATERMARK
TEXT":y=h/2:x=50:fontcolor=green:fontsize=40"" -f mp4 ./output.mp4

I can overlay with an image containing diagonal watermark text to a video
but i dont want to use an image but use just a text.

Will it be possible for me to add the text diagonally to a video using
drawtext filter ?

-Ram