[Libav-user] How to convert "-q:v 1" to API form

Arthur Muller muller at vki.com
Thu Jan 28 23:29:32 CET 2016

Carl,

Thanks for the quick reply.

I made the change you suggested, but the quality is still not what I need. My images are all technical, containing labels, numbers, etc., and I can't really read them. Do I also need to set

flags |= CODEC_FLAG_QSCALE

I ask because the size of the file changed significantly when this flag is turned on - although the quality didn't change much.

Thanks.

-Arthur