[Libav-user] Decoding mpeg4 has delay in 3.1.1 (3.0 works correctly)

Hwangho Kim loveall0926 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 5 07:18:46 CEST 2016

Hi, First of all please understand my poor english.

I’m now making video player with ffmpeg. I’ve been using ffmpeg 3.0 for 1920x1280 on iOS 5S.

It worked well (decoded without latency) with ffmpeg 3.0 but lagging occurred when I updated it to 3.1.1 (3.0.2 was also).

And build tool for both of them is the same.

So what I found that I think it would be the problem was this…

avcodec_decode_video2

It takes long and less fired than 3.0 (thread issue”)

Anyone who experienced this problem?

Thanks.