[Libav-user] Enable multiple ADTS frames per PES frame?

Ryan Owen ryaowe at gmail.com
Mon Jul 11 21:10:43 CEST 2016

I'm trying to do an all in-memory demux, mess around with data, then remux
of a TS stream.  I'm finding that the output TS data has a PES frame for
every ADTS frame, which makes for some extra overhead.  The ffmepg command
doesn't behave this way, so it seems like I must be missing an option or
something.

A simplified version of my code is attached.  I've stripped the error
checking to make it super simple.  I also changed the in-memory
reading/writing to just read/write from a file to make testing easier.  I'm
building against the latest from git.

Is there an option to have the muxer handle bundling ADTS frames together
for me? Or do I need to do it myself before passing it
to av_interleaved_write_frame?

Also, is there anything that seems off with the way I'm using the
libavformat API? (aside form no error checking; that's intentional to make
the example code easier to read)