[Libav-user] Where to define output format for a decoder ?

ssshukla26 ssshukla26 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 15:37:50 CEST 2016

I am implementing a custom decoder for qualcomm chipset. This custom decoder
output is nv12 tiled format. We have already patched ffmpeg with nv12 tile
format along with software conversion from nv12 tile to yuv420p under
libswscale.

My question is how can I specify output format for a decoder ? Is *pix_fmts*
member of *struct AVCodec* is the place where its needed to be added !  If
not, then where ?

Please help.